Show Up, Stand Out is a free program from the Office of Victim Services and Justice Grants to help parents get their children to school every day. We work with families one-on-one to understand the difficulties that surround allowing children to get to school daily.
How does our program work?
If your child has 5 unexcused absences, their school will contact a member of our team who has lived and worked in your neighborhood, to sit down with you, listen and help make a plan that will allow your child to get the best chance for a great education.
Whatever challenge you’re facing – keeping your home, finding a job, raising several kids on your own, getting a ride or filling out paperwork – we’re here to help.
We know it’s not easy, and we want to be your partner. Every plan is personalized for each family and student.
Ready to start? Follow these simple steps. Remember, every call, email and visit is confidential.
- Click here to find the Show Up, Stand Out team that works with your child’s school and contact them.
- We will set up a time to meet with you at a place and time that’s convenient for you.
- We ask questions to help us get to know you, your family and how we can help get your kids to school. We want to help!
- We work together to create a family plan just for you.
- We help you at every step to overcome any challenges that may come up.
- Give your child a chance to stand out, by helping them show up to school every day.