Getting kids to school every day can be a challenge.
We’re here to help.
Show Up, Stand Out is a free program from the Office of Victim Services and Justice Grants to help get children to school every day. We work with schools, teachers, and parents to provide support to families. All calls, emails, and visits are confidential.
A community that cares!
A program of the DC Mayor’s Office, Show Up, Stand Out works in partnership with DC schools to help families succeed. The program is operated by a dedicated network of community-based organizations who are embedded in the DC community, including:
- Boys Town Washington, DC, Inc.
- Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Washington, Inc.
- Collaborative Solutions for Communities
- East River Family Strengthening Collaborative
- Edgewood/Brookland Family Support Collaborative
- Far Southeast Family Strengthening Collaborative
- Georgia Avenue Family Support Collaborative
Show Up, Stand Out is a confidential and non-punitive program to help families get their children to school on time every day. Attendance is an important part of a child’s education, but it’s not always easy. The program works in partnership with schools and community-based organizations in D.C. to provide special assistance to families of students with more than five unexcused absences.
Using our help locator tool, locate your child’s school to find the name of the Show Up, Stand Out team member in your area that can help with your child’s school attendance.
Once enrolled in the Show Up, Stand Out program, a case manager will work with your family to identify specific challenges and ways to improve school attendance. Based on your needs, the program can provide a variety of services and resources in areas such as:
- Basic needs (meals, healthcare)
- School issues (filling out paperwork, getting uniforms)
What Parents Say
“Before Show Up, Stand Out, I felt like I was doing everything on my own. The support they were able to give me made such a difference in my life.”